Simplicity 1756 Long Vest and Double-Breasted Vest


Hi, here is Simplicity 1756. This pattern is designed by Cynthia Rowley.



I have some vest patterns, but I hadn't purchased double-breasted blazer. So I bought this pattern last year. I made two vests this time; a khaki linen version and black polyester version.
I made this long vest with the khaki linen. Long vests are in fashion in Japan now. I wanted to wear it to have a casual style, so I changed the design a great many of the parts. First, I converted the collar from double-breasted to single-breasted. Moreover, I added 6 inches to the length. I didn't make the button holes because I wasn't thinking of doing button up. I usually choose a size 8 in commercial patterns, but I thought this pattern is smaller than others. And the hip area is never too small! This vest goes well with wide range of clothes.


I finished up the black vest a few days ago. I made it from stretch satin polyester. I usually shorten the length, but I mostly didn't change the design. I sewed the button holes and buttons, but I will not button it when I wear it.



This vest designed by Rag and Bone. Long vests (knee-length) are very popular now; I have to make the one until it goes out of fashion! I will wear it with white denim or short pants for the summer. I usually avoid white denim because they make me look fat! I think I have a pear shaped body, but the long vest can help me to hide that problem :) 

Fabric:  60" 2 3/8(Khanki), 60" 1 3/4 (Black)
Total time spent: 8hours (Black)




12 comments

  1. Both your vests look so beautiful and you styled them so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad of you like it:)))

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4/17/2016

    I love the both style. Well they look cute - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great styling and it fits you really well. Im more like a long-sleeve-jacket person (or just slow in following fashion :).
    I like both versions, they are wardrobe staples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. I will make it longer vest again. Are you making a jacket? I can't wait for your next post:)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, Eli!

    I like how brown looks on you, but the buttons on the black. And agree with others, you're great stylist;)
    Mariana

    PS I'm actually not sure, is your name Eli? (I like you link it with cats, I am a cat lover)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind word, Mariana!
      Yes, I really love cats and have a lot of Hello Kitty items:))) My name is just Eli.

      Delete
  5. I've never bothered with this pattern until your blog. You made your vests look fabulous and stylish! Are your vests same as the pattern vest back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jennifer! I love the both vests.
      I didn't make the cut outs in the back. I posted the review on PatternReview.com. You can see the back style ;)
      http://sewing.patternreview.com/review/pattern/123171

      Delete
  6. Both vests are just fabulous and I agree with the others - wonderful styling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Tomasa. I am really pleased :)))

      Delete