Vogue 8499 Hickory Stripe Pants

This unique pattern is Vogue8499; Marcy Tilton collection. I finished them up about a half day.


The pattern has 3options (Skirt, Crops and Ankle Pants). I made the full-length version and cut a size 8. I sized it down a couple of sizes for me. Everywhere is huge!


This is the third time that I have made them. The instructions are very easy, but the first time I used this pattern I relied on them.The pattern has a lot of parts (Don't forget to mark these notches!). I really enjoyed sewing the pattern like a jigsaw puzzle.
I changed the cutting layouts and placed the side-front piece (:Pocket) on the fabric vertically. I love the hickory stripe with red stitching. I'll wear them around the house:) I would to sew them again, maybe with linen(Marcy Tilton com).
Fabric: 60" 1 7/8
Total time spent: 5hours

10 comments

  1. I love the striped pants. I have that pattern but have never tried it. I have tried others of hers and they seem to run a little big? Or maybe it is different from how I like things to fit. Yours turned out adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading.I don't have others of hers.I usually wear a size 10(Vogue and McCall's).But I made these in 6-8,never made such a small.Especially,legs and hips are HUGE.This pants are loose and almost feel like baggy,however I love them.

      Delete
  2. I love the pants -they look like there's a lot of detailing. I made a dress from one of her paterns a few years ago and I had to trim it down in size a lot. I might try these pants and trim them down even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good advice!I'm pleased.I want to make a winter coat and skirt of her patterns.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year!
    I love the pants on you. They look great. You're thin so the baggy look is great. I am more on the chubby side so baggy makes me look really big. I do want to try them though. They look really comfortable.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Ruby Pearl!Happy New Year,i am so happy.
      I recommend the pattern.I am pear shaped body,but big pockets hide my large hips.I wear them with roll-up and pair of heels,it takes the focus off my bottom.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad I found this lovely blog! I always wondered how this pattern fits... Surely loose, but these pants look very cute on you! Great fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my blog!I quite agree with you that I often make a muslin first to check for fit.It's difficult to choose the right size.I really like the pants,a lot!Unique and cozy:-)

      Delete
  5. this is so cool! I am so happy to stumble upon your blog in google+. I have not sewn clothes for myself for a long time now, and thinking of sewing something this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Chez Vies. If you make your clothes, please post it on google+ or your blog;)

      Delete