Named Clothing Button-Fly Pants

I made two different types of button-fly pants. I used this pattern: Wyome Boyfriend Jeans by Named clothing.


I pulled out my Named pattern that I had used before. It was the third time that I used the pattern.
Last year, I made the first ones but I completely messed up! I wanted to get boyfriend jeans (Loose-fit jeans). I chose a size 38 (My normal size), but these were too small as boyfriend jeans and too big as normal pants. Oh, that's strange, I thought I chose a correct size... Honestly, these jeans were tacky! I never wore the jeans in public so I threw them away. I should have made a muslin first.
These white checked pants were my second and these denim jeans were my third attempt. I made these check pants with stretchy cotton. I chose the pattern one size smaller on purpose. Besides, I cut an inch off each leg. They turned out nice slim fitted pants. I am happy with the result but I wanted to make boyfriend jeans...

I finally did it! Boyfriend jeans! (^_^)  I made these jeans with 9 Oz denim. I chose the pattern one size bigger so I decrease to the waist by a few inches. I really love the button fly. In order to highlight the button fly, I increase one more button ( 5 buttons → 6 buttons).
I designed and embroidered my initial "e" on these back pockets. I made the removable suspenders. I love this idea! I am wearing a ruffled top in these photos is by Bruda pattern: Ruffle Shirt 08/2015 #113.


I definitely recommend that you make a muslin or trial and choose the correct waist size! I changed small things a lot. The pocket locations are too low so I raised them of the both pants .

If I try to use the pattern again, I would make the one size BIGGER or one size SMALLER than my normal size (Other than the waist piece). I usually wear these pants without the belt to show the button fly.



I messed up the first project, but I love this pattern now!



Fabric:  60" 1 3/8 (Denim jeans), 60" 1 3/8(Check pants)

Total time spent: 10 hours


16 comments

  1. Cute pants. I like both pairs. I really like the suspenders with the boyfriend jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, betty! I love the suspenders too:D

      Delete
  2. I think you nailed it on these two pairs of boyfriend jeans/pants! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maureen! Your comments are encouraging me★彡

      Delete
  3. The extra button is perfect! I love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! I love the fly button too.

      Delete
  4. Wow, both pants look amazing! You did an amazing job and they both look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am flatterd! I love the both of them and your new polka-dot dress too!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous6/29/2016

    I love the both pants. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely as always! The denim jeans are very professionally done. Holy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maya-san(^o^) I am totally in love with these pants!

      Delete
  7. Both of these pants are fabulous and fit you quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love these pants, and thank you very much for your lovely words Tomasa!

      Delete
  8. I love how the denims turned out! the perfect amount of ease

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sasha! Your comment make me happy:)))

      Delete