Vogue 1308 and Vogue 1245 Draped Sleeves Jumpsuit

Hello! It's quite hot every day. I wouldn't wear a heavy outfit in summer. What is the temperature now? Wow! It's as high as my body temperature! Unbelievable! This jumpsuit is ultra comfortable to wear the hot summer.





 
I'm really bad at getting up early in summer (Winter too!). Jumpsuits help me to decide which clothes I choose in busy morning. I really wanted to make a jumpsuit with an off shoulder, but I couldn't find an appropriate pattern. I decided to combine two Vogue patterns; Vogue 1308 and Vogue 1245. I have made some jumpsuits with Vogue 1308, but it was the first time that I used Vogue 1245. They are great pattern, I think.

I made this blouse as a trial. I used a cheap polyester (Per one meter  JPY100yen=USD1). This fabric is too hard to use with this design. To be honest, I don't like it and never wear it in public. I didn't mind, because I don't wear a blouse with polyester 100% in summer. However, I love the design; the draped sleeves are especially cute.

I made the jumpsuit with linen chambray. I think it's hard to see from the photos, this fabric shines a little. This linen jumpsuit was set off against the strong sunshine. This linen is very light and soft. These big draped sleeves are easier for air to circulate.
I cut a size S (Top) and 8-10 (Pants). I sewed the pants parts to an inch under the waistline of the blouse together. I tied a bow belt around the waist, and also used an elastic band around the waistline. So it will prevent the pants to slip down if the knot is loose.
I think the model in the envelope (Vogue1380) is wearing a size 6-8. I cut a size 8-10, but my pants are bigger and wider than the model is wearing. I had to take about an inch out of each leg.

I used two patterns reluctantly, but I am happy with the jumpsuit. I love the both patterns. This jumpsuit keeps me cool in dry heat and humidity. 
I hope you have a great summer! Thank you for reading!


Total time spent: 5 hours (Blouse), 8 hours (Jumpsuit)
Fabric: 45" 3yd (Blouse), 60" 3yd (Jumpsuit)

30 comments

  1. that is so stylish, love it and the use of chambray is perfect. looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praising me, Beth! I really love the chambray:)

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous Eli! What a great combination of patterns and the fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I love the jumpsuit and your African dress too :)

      Delete
  3. You did an amazing job combining these patterns. Your jumpsuit is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Tomasa! I love the both patterns. I am look forward to next post on your blog:)

      Delete
  4. Wow, this looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley! I was glad that I could read your blog again:)))

      Delete
  5. Awesome! I love it, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, stacy! I am so happy:)

      Delete
  6. Great jumpsuit, and I really like that shiny linen. I'm a big fan of linen anyway, shiny or not, because it's really comfortable in hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, betty! I agree with you! I really love linen too.

      Delete
  7. Looks great - love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! This fabric is very soft to the touch. I love it too.

      Delete
  8. This jumpsuit looks so comfortable, absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leotha! I am flatterd. This jumpsuit is very comfortable and pretty good for hot summer:)

      Delete
  9. You did an amazing job combining these patterns - the jumpsuit turned out so beautiful. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olivia! I looked for a nice jumpsuit pattern, but I couldn't find it. I am happy with the result now:)

      Delete
  10. What a great idea! So creative, Eli san! As everyone commented, I too find the fabric very charming on you. I hope you are having a great summer in Japan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maya-san. I am pleased:))) Did you change your icon? It's very stylish!

      Delete
  11. The fabric is gorgeous! The pattern combination looks great and comfy I would also wear this a lot, maybe with the pant cropped a bit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sasha! I love the pattern combo too. This jumpsuit is really comfortable to wear. I will wear it a lot:)))

      Delete
  12. Love it! You look stunning in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Georgia! I am pleased:)))

      Delete
  13. You look great in off shoulder jumpsuit. Love the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hana! I love the fabric too. I am glad that hear from you:)))

      Delete
  14. Wow ! This looks amazing ! Very creative !

    www.actstyles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anusha! I am flatterd.

      Delete
  15. Anonymous10/10/2016

    A beautiful jumpsuit Eli! It looks great on you! I'm into jumpsuits myself at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ivonanagel! I love jumpsuits and have made ones. This is one of my favorites :)

      Delete